1962 - 1962
United Nations, New York
Vedastus Kyalakishaija Kyaruzi was a Tanzanian diplomat and politician Permanent Representative of Tanzania to the United Nations 1962 January – July
- 1930–33 Kashasha Primary School.
- 1933–34 Mugana Primary School.
- 1934–39 Kajunguti Primary School.
- 1940–1942 St Mary's Secondary School, Tabora.
- 1942–1949 Makarere College, Kampala.
- He studied at the White Fathers School at Kajunguti, Bukoba, St Mary's Tabora, and Makerere University College, where he obtained a degree in Medicine.
- Attended the University of Edinburgh, was awarded a Diploma in Public Health, and in 1964 was admitted (in absentia) a Member qua Physician of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow.
- 1958–59 University of Edinburgh, Scotland.
- 1949 diploma in Medicine and Surgery.
- 1959 diploma in Public Health.
- He played an active role in Tanganyika African Association and the formation of Tanganyika African National Union (TANU).
- From 1949 to 1961 he was government medical officer.
- From 1950 to 1951 he was president of the Tanganyika African Association, before giving him the seat to Julius Nyerere, and was posted to Kingolwira Prison Hospital near Morogoro then to the even more remote Nzega.
- From 1961 to July 1962 he was the first Tanganyikan Permanent Representative to the United Nations.
- From 1962 to 1963 After independence he was Permanent Secretary, External Affairs and Defence.
- From 1963 to 1969 he was UNICEF director for Africa south of Sahara.